The Lutheran Church of Australia Queensland District (LCAQD) is one of six districts that are part of the Lutheran Church of Australia which includes New Zealand.
Our Administration Offices are located at 24 McDougall Street in Milton, Queensland.
Public transport services include nearby Milton Station for train travel or bus services to Milton Road or Coronation Drive – both a short walk.
For bus timetable information, contact Brisbane TransInfo on 13 12 30 and for the train timetable information, contact Queensland Rail on 13 16 17 or visit TransLink.
Access: The Office is accessible by both stairs and elevator. Parking Both 2 and 11 hour street parking is available in Milton. Nearby parking stations are situated in Little Cribb Street, Douglas Street and on Park Road for a fee. Please also know that we do have 1 visitor's car park available on site but this needs to be booked in advance on (07) 3511 4023.
Click on the image to view in google maps.
If you are travelling to Brisbane from the Sunshine Coast, the Gold Coast or from another location, directions online can be obtained from the following Whereis Website.
The Queensland District of the Lutheran Church of Australia (LCA) came into being in 1966 upon the amalgamation of the Evangelical and United Evangelical Lutheran Churches of Australia (ELCA and UELCA).
The actual foundation and organisation of the Lutheran Church in Queensland took place one hundred and twenty-five years ago in 1885.
The Lutheran Church in Queensland has grown since its inception to be the second largest District of the LCA with over 140 congregations, 25 colleges and primary schools, 20 kindergartens and pre-schools, 13 rest homes and many community care and support centres.
The Lutheran Church is one of the smaller protestant churches in Australia even though it is the largest protestant church throughout the world today.