old_church_bw1_resizeThe Queensland District of the Lutheran Church of Australia (LCA) came into being in 1966 upon the amalgamation of the Evangelical and United Evangelical Lutheran Churches of Australia (ELCA and UELCA).

The actual foundation and organisation of the Lutheran Church in Queensland took place one hundred and twenty-five years ago in 1885.

 

old_church_bw1_resize

 

The Lutheran Church in Queensland has grown since its inception to be the second largest District of the LCA with  over 140 congregations, 25 colleges and primary schools, 20 kindergartens and pre-schools, 13 rest homes and many community care and support centres.

The District's centre is situated at Lutheran Church House in Milton which provides pastoral, logistical and administrative support to all its churches and services throughout Queensland. 

 

pastors_bw2_400

 

The Lutheran Church is one of the smaller protestant churches in Australia even though it is the largest protestant church throughout the world today.

Information about the church can be obtained by talking to one of our Pastors or visiting the LCA Website.